Wow, I can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks since we talked about our favorite movies… Today I’m gonna tell you about 10 books that are on my to-read list. :) I love reading and everything that goes in to picking out a great book. I can spend hours in a book store (& usually go at least once a week.) I also love getting on Goodreads and checking out what my friends are reading (this is usually what I do when I’m in desperate need of a book ASAP). I love hard backs, paper backs, & reading on my kindle. I’m not picky and I like to switch it up from time to time. Currently I’m reading 1 from each, a paper back, hard back, and an e-book. My favorite part about reading is that I can relax my mind and visit somewhere completely new, think about something in a new way, hear something from another persons perspective.
10 Books I Want To Read (right now)
1. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James – ok seriously, who doesn’t want to read this book. Everyone is telling me I have to give it a chance. I was hopelessly sucked in to Twilight when they first came out so I’m scared if I start reading this series that I won’t get anything done until I have devoured every page.
2. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
3. Bitterblue (Graceling #3) by Kristin Cashore
4. City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare
My husband always makes fun of me because the first section I look at when we visit Barnes & Noble is the “Teen Paranormal Romance” section. It is definitely one of my guilty pleasures. :)
5. The Drowned Cities by Paolo Baciagalupi – Another type of book I love to read are Young Adult Dystopian novels and Paolo Baciagalupi’s Ship Breaker was one of my favorite books I read last year. This is the companion novel that was just released.
6. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling – seriously, who isn’t excited for something new by J.K. Rowling?
7. The War of Art by Stephen Pressfield – This has been recommended to me by several of my artist friends. I’ll be honest, I bought it a couple of months ago and it has been sitting on my desk by my iMac just waiting to be read… I think I’ll try to read that this weekend. I’ll make sure to post an Instagram picture of me reading it so you can keep me accountable. ;)
8. Main Street Vegan by Victoria Moran – The past few years I have really started to try and take care of my body and treat it right & one of the ways I do that is by eating a plant based, whole foods diet. I’m not perfect, I am a vegetarian (living in North Dallas, not many places to eat) but try to eat mainly vegan. This book looks like it will have some great advice on how to live a vegan lifestyle so I definitely want to check it out.
9. A Shade of Red by Alyson Fox – This just looks awesome. Check it out. :)
10. The Book of Doing by Allison Arden – I love books that help stimulate your creativitiy and get ya thinking. This book does exactly that. It has a daily prompt for you. I just started this a couple days ago, so I am on “Throw a Party” :)
Ok, those are (some of) the books on my short list of what I want to read… What are you reading or starting soon? I can always use some more suggestions!